
Brazilian beauty Isabeli Fontana is the new face of Estée Lauder Sensuous Nude. We chat to the supermodel about her latest campaign... plus, check out our exclusive behind-the-scenes pics here.
Where did you shoot the Estée Lauder Sensuous Nude fragrance campaign?
On the beach in LA in February 2011.
How did it feel to shoot for Estée Lauder?
I felt so happy and honored to be a part of an Estée Lauder shoot. It was always such a big dream of mine to work for one of the biggest pioneers in the cosmetic industry.
What was it like to work with Aerin Lauder?
Aerin Lauder has always been an inspiration to me. I think she’s such a strong woman and I’ve always admired her. She made the beauty marketplace even more fantastic.
Can you tell us where you were when you were told you were chosen to be the model for Sensuous Nude?
I was in Brazil with my family when they told me I was chosen. I was so amazed, shocked actually, because this was something I had always dreamed of. It’s such a huge honor for a model and I’m extremely happy to be part of the Estée Lauder team.
What did you do when you found out?
The first thing I did was call my grandmother to tell her. Everybody was really happy for me. It was a dream come true!
What is the ad concept for Sensuous Nude?
As the fragrance is called Sensuous Nude, the concept is all about how comfortable and confident you feel with your body, in your own skin. It’s very sensuous.
How is it different to be directed for a shot when you’re barely covered with fabric versus a clothed editorial shot?
It is very different when you shoot nearly nude because you have to be very confident with your body—it’s just you in your own skin wearing fragrance. There is even a different form of expression you have to convey in your face. I think being Brazilian has helped to be very comfortable and confident in my own skin.
When do you feel you’re most sensuous?
I feel most sensuous when I have my high heels on and some very light clothing.
Brazilians are renowned for being very sensual and confident in their own skin. What do you think you possess that gives the world this impression?
Sensuality is a cultural thing. I think when you’re Brazilian you’re born with sensuality—it’s the way you’ve been raised. Even as a kid in Brazil, you are listening to music that you just learn to flow with.
Do you think the concept of sensuality changes across cultures?
I think every culture has its own idea of what it means to be sensuous. It’s important to embrace your own culture which can be very sexy, and that is why I might seem to represent sensuality so well as a Brazilian. It’s never a good thing though to be too overtly sexy, sensuality is about how you feel within.
Who do you think personifies sensuality?
I think supermodel Stephanie Seymour is very sensuous. I really admire her. She’s super sexy and sensuous at the same time. She is such a strong woman with an amazing body. For me, she embodies sensuality – I just want to be like her.
Estée Lauder Sensuous Nude is available from September 25. Call 1800 061 326 or visit esteelauder.com.au.
No comments:
Post a Comment