Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cosmo chats: Megan Gale

Beauty ed Leigh Campbell recently sat down with the newly appointed face of L’Oreal Paris, Australia’s own Megan Gale...

How long have you known about the collaboration with L’Oreal Paris?

Oh gosh, it’s been a long, well-kept secret! I shot the campaign five months ago, and there was a month before that that I knew about the campaign, and there was a months before that, that I knew that L’Oreal were even considering me and proposing me to the head office in Paris! So there was quite an extensive process. A long time. A really long time.

So you can actually talk about it now?
Yes! It’s been a hard thing to keep a secret because obviously it is just amazing news! And for them, too, because they have never had an official Australian face before, so to be the first one is an honour.

So, what about L’Oreal Paris in particular do you really resonate with?
I think like most women, I’ve grown up with L’Oreal. We are all aware of the slogan which is “You’re worth it” or “We’re worth it”. The message there is just so positive. It’s just about embracing yourself and being confident and self-empowerment and acknowledging it that there is nothing wrong with spending a bit of time and a bit of money on yourself and looking after yourself and pampering yourself.

Do you have any favourite products yet?
The hair care is obviously something I’m very familiar with! I love the whole range of Total Repair 5 products. Soon we will be looking at doing the campaign for Total Repair 10 [moisturiser]. Much like the Total Repair 5, it is tackling so many issues all at once within one product. Like all women, I am busy; I haven’t got time sometimes to sit around and wait and put on five or six different things. I want something that is quick and that is going to do the job and umm... that’s the great thing about both those products.

What is your everyday beauty routine?
If I’m working, I start my day with a freshly washed and moisturised face and then I go to a shoot, so everything is ready to be prepped. I just sort of hand it over to the professionals! If it’s a day off, I like to let my skin breathe. If I am putting make-up on, it would be very basic - concealer, mascara and blush, maybe a bit of lip gloss as well. I think ‘less is more’ is such a great beauty tip.

Who is your beauty icon?
I know it is so cliché to say it, but it would be my mum. She has always had positive messages, not only about inner beauty, but external beauty as well; she has never been one to go on and on about the effects of ageing or ageing in general. I think that is why I am not fearful about it or I’m not so judgmental on myself about it because I have never been brought up to think like that.

What’s one of your favourite tips you’ve learnt while on shoots?
One thing that makes your eyes look really wide and big is putting either colour or white-coloured pencil on the inside inner rim. I learnt it on shoot but often do it personally as it gives a fresh lift to my eyes. Boys always notice your eyes I think more than anything else.

What are your travel essentials?
When I’m on a plane, I keep it really simple. I don’t drink alcohol, but I drink loads of water. I keep my skin completely clean. And make sure you get as much sleep as you can.

What is your naughty indulgence if you had one?  
Gosh... I do believe in everything in moderation so I don’t feel like I’m ever really ‘naughty’. If I had to choose one thing, it would probably be ice-cream - that’s from years of living in Italy and having been exposed to so much great Italian gelato.


Wedding jewelry here

No comments:

Post a Comment