Did you enjoy working with James Cameron?
Yes – it was quite surreal and incredible. He is such an incredible filmmaker - the best in the world and evidently a hit at the box office. It was a pleasure to meet and work with him.
When you say “surreal” do you mean you never could have imagined working with someone like him?
Not at all. I remember seeing Titanic as a kid with my dad and thinking it was this incredibly amazing movie. Fast forward a few years and here I am. It’s really quite an out of body experience for me. A few weeks ago I saw the movie with Jim and a test audience, and it was really quite a ridiculously weird experience.
Is it strange seeing yourself on screen?
It’s always a really weird experience, it kind of feels like you shoot the whole movie again in an hour and a half. You live every little emotion that you go through as the character. You’re never entirely happy with your work, I feel like you can always learn from watching your work again.
What was it like working on an action film, compared to your other roles?
[It was] vastly different. I mean, [it was] so physical, the pre-training and pre-production of getting in shape is just incredible and I really enjoyed it. I was swimming for two hours every day for weeks and then hitting the gym, then running on the beach, then doing rock climbing. I got my scuba license for the film, too.
You went to a performing arts school – did you always know you wanted to be an actor?
It’s something I always wanted, mostly because I just really enjoyed it. I started taking acting classes because it was fun, and all my friends did it. Somewhere along the line, it became a career and I’m so grateful for that. I still look back and think, at what point did I go from being in a drama class to working in LA?
How do LA girls compare to Australian girls?
[Laughs] They’re very different actually. Aussie girls are so laid back and I’m definitely a sucker for an Aussie girl. The other night I was at a party, and I saw this beautiful girl. We started talking, and what do you know? She happened to be Australian. I was like, out of every girl in the room, I chose the Aussie one, the one I could have met back home. So yes, I love Aussie women.
Are you with anyone at the moment?
I am single and I am so happy to be single. But who knows, maybe I’ll find some summer romance.
Maybe you will…what’s the best way for a woman to get your attention?
I think it’s the sexiest thing when a girl is just comfortable and humble in her own skin. I love women who aren’t too self-conscious.
No comments:
Post a Comment