Q: Underemployed is about five college grads who can’t wait to take “the real world” by storm—only to realize that in this economy, the real world kind of blows. Been there?
A:Absolutely. After you graduate college, there’s no structure. You step into the world without anyone telling you what to do, and it’s a huge shock. But that’s the whole point of it: You realize you can step forward and take control of your life. As an actor, there’s a lot of time I’m just hoping for the next job to come—I’m in a constant state of underemployment.
Q: We heard that when you first moved to LA and worked as a waitress, a woman changed her baby at the table and plopped the dirty diaper in your hand. How did you get through days that were literally, um, crappy?
A:You can’t let other people get you down. When you get through each day with your dignity intact, it’s kind of a personal triumph. But waitressing was one of the best things I ever did. I was really, really shy, but you just have to ask people if they want fries or salad. I learned how to deal with people on that level and how to earn their respect. I grew up a lot in those days.
Q: What else has being in your twenties taught you?
A:I’ve always been a paycheck-to-paycheck girl, but now I take some and put it aside. Especially in a field like acting, there’s going to be a time when you are not working and it can get scary, really down to the wire. So that’s something I’ve learned that I will continue to do. I just opened a savings account last week!
Q: Rumor has it that you decided to room with your co-stars, Michelle Ang and Inbar Lavi, when you filmed the first season of the show in Chicago. What was that like?
A:It was great to be with the girls! We all wear the same size shoe [so] when we’d go out for a night—living it up in Chicago—and someone wore the wrong shoes, there would be a relief person who would be like, ‘Take mine, I’ll wear yours...my feet don’t hurt.’ Team effort!
Q: We are majorly style-crushing on Daphne’s super-chic, professional outfits. Is her style similar to your own?
A:I’m a lot more casual—a jeans and sweater kind of girl. But I’m also 5’2”—a shrimpie. So if I’m comfortable in every other way and wearing six-inch platform booties, then that’s how I like it!
Q: Since this is Cosmo, we obviously have to ask you a sex question. Your character has a very racy hookup with her boss in the first episode. Give us the behind-the-scenes dish!
A: There was very little kissing involved, just a lot of faces pushed up against each other and arms flailing. It’s probably the most un-sexy scene I have ever shot. Sorry, guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment