Plucked from primary school to play overnight icon Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film franchise, Emma Watson has spent the past decade being known for her character. All that’s about to change now that filming for the seventh and final Potter film has wrapped, and it’s Emma’s time to shine. Now a student at prestigious Brown University in the US, she’s welcomed this new life phase like any other woman – with a new haircut.
Your hair looks amazing!
Thank you very much!
It’s so drastic. Was it something you always wanted to do?
Yeah. I’ve wanted to do it since I was about sixteen. I just always thought it looked really cool. So, when I felt the time was right – I did it. It feels good!
What does life after Harry Potter hold for you?
I’m going back to university in September and that’s probably the only thing that’s certain right now. Everything else is up for grabs, really.
Why is it so important for you to go to university?
Because it keeps me grounded. I love learning and I wanted a normal experience.
Do the other students allow you to have a normal experience?
Yes, they do, they do. I mean, obviously it took two or three weeks to get used to me being around but now [they’re] bored with it (laughs). They’re quite protective of me as well. It’s nice. I’m lucky.
You grew up playing Hermoine – have you become more like her?
I probably started out more like her and got less like her.
How so?
I’m very heady and intellectual and we’re very similar in that way, [I’m] very like eager to please, a need for approval. [Now] I think I’m more of a rounded person than she is. She’s very focused on her academics and I think I’m more creative. I love my acting and playing sport and music and theatre and drama. I have lots of other different interests whereas she’s very focused on one area.
You’re obviously very young, but can you see marriage and kids in your future?
Yeah, definitely. I have very strong family values and I would definitely hope that that would be in my future. I can’t wait to be a mum.
Are you good with kids?
My father remarried so I have three half younger brothers and sisters who are seven and two identical twins who are five, so yeah, I’m pretty good with young kids, I think.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One is in cinemas November 18.
No comments:
Post a Comment