Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cosmo chats: Beau Garrett

Beau Garrett is one of those actresses you immediately recognise, but you can't quite put a face to the name. She's been omnipresent in Hollywood for about ten years now, with parts in Entourage, House and films like Fantastic Four and Made of Honor. She stars in TRON: Legacy, available on Disney 3D Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and DVD 20 April 2011, as Gem.

You play someone very far from the girl sitting in that chair. Who do you play, and what can you tell me about her?
I have to gauge myself. I don’t want to give anything away. I play Gem, who’s a Siren, a program, in the world of TRON: Legacy, and she’s pretty void of emotion. I’m a program, so it’s somewhat robotic in many ways…but also, not. She’s very different from me, obviously, in both personality and physicality.

I know you worked with a choreographer.
Yes, but way beyond even the choreographer. I mean, we did work with one, just to gauge movements, but once you’re in the suit, it kind of does it for itself. You get in it, and your entire body changes—the way you walk, the way you carry yourself. You can’t physically walk any other way. So once you get into it, you are immediately transformed. 

I understand that the transformation also didn’t happen in five minutes.
No, it was quite a process. It was hours and hours of hair and makeup, and an incredible team of costumers who really knew what they were doing. It was four hands on me just to put the suit on. So, around three hours.

What went through your head when you first saw how Gem would look? Did you see a rendering? Did they show you pieces?
I went to the audition, and it was one of those where you don’t really have a script, you have what could be sides [bits of dialogue], but they really don’t relate. You don’t really know what you’re getting into. And, so when I first read for it, they wanted me to come back and meet Joe. And I walked into his room and there was “TRON” everywhere. You stepped into the world as soon as you stepped into his office. And he showed me what his idea was for this character, and I thought, “I will do anything to be a part of that,” because it was so not me. You really have to play a character, something that’s not even human. It was strange and beautiful and so streamlined—his vision was so clear. And I totally understood it, and I thought, “This would be such a fun thing to be a part of.” I didn’t even think about how it would be possible to play that character. I just wanted to be a part of it. -


Wedding jewelry here

No comments:

Post a Comment